The Old Secondary School Built in 1900 Outstanding education was given to all classes of children despite over-crowding, poverty, fever and infectious diseases. In 1957 a new Primary School was opened by Bishop Keogh under the very appropriate title of “Queen of the Universe” portraying that Mary is the mother of the whole human family and that Jesus, her Son “has no favourites”.
Presentation Sisters continued to administer this school until 1990 when the first lay Principal, George Darcy was appointed. We are happy to relate that he upholds Presentation ideals in Education, which are based on Gospel values. One Presentation Sister still teaches in this school.